Friday, March 11, 2011

Why Mumbai....?



This has appeared in the current issue of SWISS MAG, which some of you must have read on SWISSAIR flights. While I like my own quotes ( considering the interview was indeed conducted in my car, since I really didn't have time to spare during the journo's limited stay in Mumbai), her representation of me is definitely OTT and wildly exagerrated. The picture was clicked in under three minutes by the Swiss photographer accompanying her... it's not as good as Manoj Kesharwani's, but chalega!
*************
Watched Sangakkara ( I'd run into him at the Colombo Hilton , a few months ago), the dishy captain of the Sri Lankan cricket team as he hit an impressive ton at the World Cup match last afternoon ( the redone Wankhede Stadium is pretty good - but why no fans??). I may have been the only Indian supporter waving a Sri Lankan flag each time those guys hit a four or a six. Why everybody was supporting the New Zealand team, I dunno! Perhaps, it had a lot to do with the math involved in getting India through to the finals. But going by our team's dheela attitude, we'll be lucky to make it to the semis. The weather was totally beastly ( it has been the hottest March in 53 years - and post-Holi tomorrow, it will get hotter still).Malinga and the others added to the heat - they are HOT! The security seemed top class if menacing ( far too many guns floating around). Will I go to the Finals and risk my life? You bet!
*************
Tonight is reserved for 'Ishqiya'. Somehow, it wasn't on my radar all this while - but now that it is, I have to watch it! Let's hope the absolutely scrumptious 'baigan bharta' made by our eldest, Radhika, last night, is still in the fridge. I get the feeling it will go perfectly with the movie! Verdict on both, tomorrow!!

4 comments:

Sushma Harish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sushma Harish said...

I dont like sangakkara for no reason!!
Enjoy your"ishqiya" Shobha Ji and good lulck with the "bhartha" too.
Wow, Shobha Ji, today Iam first to comment on your blog, after so many tries.
One can catch me on sushmaspage.blogspot.

चंद्रमौलेश्वर प्रसाद said...

Presently, we in quarter... lets see when we reach semis :)

Neha said...

We are not reaching the semis :(

Hope you enjoyed the bharta :)