Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pillow Talk versus Willow Talk

Guys.... first an important clarification: That juicy, masaledaar earlier blog on Sue was written by a hugely talented senior journo called Vrinda Gopinath. NOT ME!!!!!! I wish I had written it, but.....
Secondly, I thought I had made that amply clear in the very first line. It even says 'By Vrinda Gopinath'.
Right now my mind is on pillow talk not willow talk!! I have finally found the pillows of my dreams. Not goose down but duck feather. After the excitement of the match last night ( like Nita Ambani, I too was ready to jump straight into Bhajji's waiting arms), I came home to a Kheema pav dinner and .... and.... surprise, surprise.... found these extraordinary pillows waiting for me. They not just looked inviting, they were incredibly comfortable with just the right amount of yield built into them. I knew I would sleep well at night - and did! My husband was mighty pleased with my reaction, since I had been cribbing about the pillows we shared earlier for months and months. He triumphantly told me about his duck feather hunt which ended at 'The Good Earth' - surely one of the best home stores ever!
Oh.... I spent the day in a relaxed ,happy mood thanks to the pillows, which helped me to bond warmly with Shakuntala. Shakuntala??Who dat?? She is a beautiful lady (with even more beautiful daughters), who comes to Mumbai all the way from Himachal Pradesh to sell beads of various kinds. Shakuntala has been coming to our home for years - but this time it was after a long, long break. As always, she bullied me into buying strings upon strings of beads I definitely don't need!! But what the hell, just looking at them , touching them, and soon .... wearing them.... has given me joy. And her.....much needed money. I think it has been an altogether fair exchange.
About the IPL.... ummmm...... wrote a really long column on the latest developments.... so right now, I am totally IPL -ed out. Perhaps tomorrow.... perhaps not....

12 comments:

akanksha said...

No offense, I do read your blog and often do agree with your viewpoints. Only I would like to mention it seems you are going too out on Sunanda.The minister has stepped down,the focus is on the other bigger&fatter fishes so till all is clear about this woman in concern it would nice to not see you bring another down so mercilessly.If you havent read it yet http://www.tehelka.com/story_main44.asp?filename=Ne010510coverstory.asp
Again I endorse nobody but yes would like to give someone the benefit of doubt till all facts are certain.

Anonymous said...

IPL -ed?
Decision pending?
perhaps not....
Its a TIE

Unknown said...

She loathes the IPL...Then she doesnt.She hates Sunanda Pushkar..then she doesnt.It seems that Ms De's mind sways more frequently than the changing shapes of the moon.....

I must admit that to my utter disappointment you turned ot to be just another one of those vain delusional and detached socialites who'd go to any limits, or perhaps push the limits further to massage your own ego in the name of your so-called intellectualism.

In another article in the Times Of India, you put up yet another show of your spineless and insensitive public mud slinging by taking a cheap shot( as always) at Rani Mukherjee--- that too under cover of an article regarding the 26/11 terrorrist attacks. Though not a Bollywood fan, I'd like to say that an actress like Rani Mukherjee probably has more substance to offer in terms of acting than any of the BRAINDEAD BIMBOS who dominate the industry today...And although she's no longer in her prime, she doesnt deserve this kind of treatment from a people who themselves live in glass houses but are too blind to see that.

if you want to settle scores with someone, please do taht at your home away from home--- The Page 3 space....But certainly not here as some of the readers here who have a rational head on their shoulders would like to see more constructive talk rather than this cocktail party backbiting.

As regards Sunanda Pushkar, she's a siingle mother with a dead husband. In hr situation ANY woman would have done what she did because she had mouths to feed. So before criticising her and shredding her to pieces just to keep your self righteousness afloat,think twice...place yourself in her position. That in any way, however does not justify wahtever her wrong doings, if any..but only explains it to a certain extent.

goodluck said...

I think the real culprit is Vrinda Gopinath. And I dont think she is hugely talented by writing this kind of stuff. It is truly said that woman is a woman's worst enemy. What is the big deal if Sunanda commits the crime of using false eyelashes, chrome nail polish etc. etc. Actually, we must be thankful to her for bringing out all the hidden agendas of so many VVIPs. If somebody goes on criticising and cornering a particular person, a natural reaction is to feel sympathy towards that beleaguered person. It may happen even with Lalit Modi as well. Only criminals who kill children for kidneys, who burn people and who indulge in more such activities will not get this kind of sympathy.

ZB said...

@ stealthy: Lols.....Dude relax......if it offends you so much why do you come back and read, and then comment? Everyone has right to express their views, its upto the reader to decide....isnt it?So chill...People come to read De's blog to get the 'other' view on the matter.Its not to be taken as gospel truth, for gods sake.

goodluck said...

Why Vinod Mehta of Outlookindia bringing phonetapping just now? Is it to divert attention? He seems to be angry about the imminent action being contemplated against one of his star journalist who wrote about maoists. Or anything more deeper?

Booklover said...

Hey,

Nice blog here. I want you to check out this new book review blog Book Reviews


Cheers
Booklover

Unknown said...

"I wish I had written it"

That sums up everything. You are worried that you couldn't take the witch hunt to Vrinda's level.

I pity you on making money by writing like this. Journalists like you are a shame. Get a life and do something useful.

Ashwin R J said...

Has anyone read todays editorial page article by Vidya Subrahmaniam in 'The Hindu' ?

Unknown said...

Yes I did. That's when I came to know about Vrinda Gopinath's and Shobha De's fascination with Witch hunt

Unknown said...

The article in The Outlook was written by a 'hugely talented senior journo called Vrinda Gopinath' when probably she was out of her mind due to jealousy, envy, and what not.

Daisy Rogers said...

I really adore your article. I just got very interesting things here that should be in the mind. I do really thanks to you for the wonderful share and will wait here for more interesting and useful tips on feather pillows.