Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lagey raho, Anna....


Two Lisbon views, one taken from the Esplanade under the beautiful bridge, where I went for a solo lunch of rubbery cod at a smart Cafe, and the other from the ramparts of the historic Castle on top of the hill.

**************


I was looking for a Raksha Bandhan image in my files but decided against it. I am not a raakhi tying type of sister... and in any case, it was never a family tradition. I honour my brother Ashok during bhai dooj at Diwali... and he honours me back. None of this protection-votection nonsense. I am capable of taking care of myself, thank you. If required, I am happy to 'protect' deserving men , too. And please spare me the bogus : "He's my rakhee bhaiyya,"rubbish.
***************
While listening to Anna Hazare's Jantar Mantar speech this afternoon, for the first time, I related to what he was saying. And I thought to myself, if only Anna had spoken in a similar vein earlier, without prompters and others speaking on his behalf, his movement would have gathered better momentum today. Power to the People is the only sensible way forward. And if Anna does decide to launch a political party ( why the hell did he wait this long?), there will be any number of young people willing to take the plunge. Let's not worry about the Blinking Game for now... if the fast is indeed broken tomorrow evening, it's all good.... point made. Point taken.

10 comments:

Ashwini Sane said...

M'am where I am located we are having curfew till Monday! The prices of commodities have shot up. We had for two days no electricity and have load shedding! The worst hit are the poor here. There have been blasts in Pune!!!- I am not telling u MY problems- but any new or old party -can they solve all this type of everyday routine life problems of simple people- Africa has got a reason to be less developed- what do we? Will the new pol party really change things?---I really hope so!

Divya (Virmani) Chadda said...

Mrs. Liked your thoughts on Rakhi. I truly believe in the same. I don't think it's fair enough to give all the credit of brothers. We girls can take care of ourselves, the so called society nautanki of 'we celebrate rakhi because my brother will protect me' is bull!
I do celebrate rakhi but I think I protect my brother more than he protects me...LOL Anyhow, rakhi bhaiya is another thing I keep hearing these days... full drama these days, I tell you!

RAJ47 said...

The festival of Raksha Bandhan is not merely for the rich & empowered women. It is for the down trodden too.
Even Draupadi needed her brother Krishna in a particular situation.
Ask your brother if he would like to protect you from all the evil all the time? Even if is incapable of doing so? Even if he is on his death bed?
Ask some girl/lady who does not have a brother or a guy who does not have a sister - especially today - how they wish they had one.
Well.. This is a very emotional & notional thread, tied or not, the bond remains... as strong as ever.

Uppal said...

Anna always speaks his mind.He is a smart guy and I don't think anybody can influence him to the disadvantage of the movement.His associates are honest and well meaning and stand by him like a rock.
It is such a relief that the fast will be broken by 5pm as the Govt. was not moving even its little finger in this direction.
At the moment we can't comment what happens next but I'm sure it'll be good for the country.

Unknown said...

Wow. These pictures are Beautiful

Amit Singh said...

I don't think by floating A politicla party, they will be able to achieve anything. Read my complete blog, a poor King and a bunch of Jokers. theshittanalysis.blogspot.in

Pooja Rathore said...

nice pics.
Rakhee brother,that reminds me of your book survivng men....in a chapter you have put your views on rakhee bros ,i really liked it...and quite true i have seen such things happen,one line i really like and has remained in my mind...men can keep their buddies real girls prefer lovers.....

dland kerala real estate properties said...

Beautiful ....

Anonymous said...

Great!!!!
Get Tech Updates at TechTantrik
Enjoy Funnier Side of Life at TheRoyalPoke

Lorelle said...

Really nice city.It would be happy to live there. If you love celestial jewelry then you will love indian agate, especailly if you know indian agate metaphysical properties. Indian Agate is useful in overcoming bitterness, anxiety and stress.