Friday, April 13, 2012

Mumbai to Libreville

Blogdosts... confess. Did you know there was a vibrant and bustling city called Libreville, the capital of a country called Gabon? Do you even know there is a West African nation called Gabon? Of course, you do! Right ?? Well, I didn't. Ignorant me. And when I received an invitation from a dynamic lady, Cecilia, the brilliant ex-wife of French President Nicholas Sarkozy, to attend an important one day conference, I was ready to jump at the chance. That's before I started my research! It will take me 24 hours, door-to-door, to get to Libreville. Once I get there, I'll need 48 hours to recover. By then the conference will be over! Should I go? Would you? Will I live without visiting Libreville?
***************
The Table continues to hold its position as the top table in Mumbai. Justifiably so. Over a relaxed lunch with two elegant gentlemen, I enjoyed my crab meat and alphonso mango salad, as well as what The Table calls a Zucchini pasta. There is no pasta in this warm, perfectly balanced dish - just wiggly strips of crisp zucchini with slivers of well toasted almonds and pine nuts. Soooooo perfect for our long, hot summer!
One hop step and jump away from The Table is my current favourite boutique called Fuschia and Orange. Well priced, stylish and wearable outfits, mainly caftans, which I practically live in. Dimpy, the enterprising designer from Chandigarh who runs this tiny boutique, told me her sales in Chandigarh really rock 'because of all the rich politicians' there!!!!

Oh.... here's a terrible confession: I watched 'The Artist' and struggled to stay awake. It was boring and far from entertaining. The dog deserved the Oscar, not the owner.

5 comments:

Cheryllyne said...

Yes! Go. It's a truly cool and fabulous opportunity handed to you on a silver platter by Sarkozy's ex. More importantly, it's a gorgeous gem of a little country.taturr detsolly

Pooja Rathore said...

Iam not aware of Libreville, first time iam hearing this name.
go or not to go- whatever decision u will take on 14th or 15th will be right decision as moon(moon stays in one sign only for 2 and half days) will be in your own sign capricon on 14th and 15th.It is said when moon is in your own sign(i.e your sun sign)ones individual cycle is at its peak and judgement and intution is good ,the decision will be good,so whatever you feel go for it.

Another Kiran In NYC said...

Ofcourse you should go! And we need pictures.

Stephina Suzzane said...

Listen to me, convict. I have not traveled all this way to listen to your war stories. So shut your trap before I shut it for you.

Stephina Suzzane said...

The child who refuses to travel in the father's harness, this is the symbol of man's most unique capability. "I do not have to be what my father was. I do not have to obey my father's rules or even believe everything he believed. It is my strength as a human that I can make my own choices of what to believe and what not to believe, of what to be and what not to be. Cheap Flights to Mumbai