Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Manohar Parrikar, Goa's latest poster boy...

Blogdosts.... this is seriously annoying. Here I am all set to attach the Sunday Times column about Manohar Parrikar in this space, and what do I get? A newly designed site which is far from user friendly. I cannot see the familiar symbols, nor do I know where to look for them. There is a basic rule that I scrupulously follow in life ( it applies her!), if it ain't broken, don't fix it! The previous format was just fine. Now I have to unlearn all that I had mastered so strenuously, and begin again. Ditto for the Monaco / Paris pics I was dying to show off and share. Phut!
No obliging daughters at home to help poor, struggling mom. One has gone to a yoga class, the other is at her old Principal's funeral. Well, the legendary Miss Darasha, was a very special lady, and one of the best teachers in Mumbai. Tough, brusque, no-nonsense,  she ran J.B.Petit Girls' High School with an iron fist, a steel glove... but a heart of gold. She was feared, revered and respected by three generations of students. My daughters were lucky to have been in the school while she was still the Principal.
 But this post was going to be about Manohar Parrikar, the IIT  boy who is now the chief minister of Goa. Perhaps tomorrow?? There are several more columns waiting to be shared... and the pictures, of course.
But for now, I am getting into my finery to join the British Deputy High Commissioner, Peter Beckingham, and his royal guest, Prince Andrew, as we sing 'God Save the Queen' and 'Jana Gana Mana', to mark the Queen's Golden Jubilee. After the grand reception, there will be an even grander dinner hosted by Parmeshwar Godrej, Mumbai's.... no, India's Hostess with the Mostest, at her oomphy seaside villa in Juhu. It's going to be a long, fun night folks..... sigh! What a tough life some of us lead....!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

blogspot is user friendly no matter few changes here and there.
Re.: What a tough life
Dil Dhoondhta hai phir wahi fursat ke..

Raghav said...

change is constant!

kaka said...

http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8227451352094428950#editor/target=post;postID=4683732021721685111

Unknown said...

That was amusing! Sounds like you had a pretty interesting adventure that day. I am still wondering how the Tourist got her job.