Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shanti.... Shanti

"If your heart is a volcano, how shall you expect flowers to bloom in your hands?" asked Kahlil Gibran. I don't see too many flowers in this city of ours. But I can sense several volcanoes - some dormant (dangerous!), others spewing lava and destroying all in the path. I find volcanic eruptions most fascinating. I remember standing on the edge of a dormant volcano in Indonesia and being mesmerised by its terrible beauty. A still, acid green lake at its evil heart completely captivated my attention, and reminded me of the dead eyes of a few nasty people I have known in my life.
Tonite, I shall keep my date with the Lalbaug Ka Raja. Inshallah. The cops have warned me it is daunting indeed to get anywhere close to the Moorti. Well. I don't get easily daunted. Wish me luck, blogdosts!
I caught the promos of Fashion. They looked verry Bhandarkar. But if I want to watch clips of fashion shows, I can as well follow Fashion Week on tv. Perhaps Bhandarkar does not want to reveal too much (pun intended), but the promos gave nothing away. They were like the promos of ftv.Priyanka looks like a million bucks when she declares she is getting into modelling to become a supermodel - not just a model.Kangana ?? Who dat?? The girl is unrecognisable these days. She seems to have had virtuually every body part replaced or fixed. She has become another human being altogether.Suman Jr. must really love the plastic lass.
I have been dying to eat 'ookdi chhey modak'. No luck so far. Have promised myself a treat if I manage a darshan.The inauspicious Shraddh period starts on the 16th. I am a total sucker for such things.
The good news about Kiara is that she is doing just fine and being thoroughly pampered. Chicken Liver pate on toast. And shark soup. No wonder they say it's a dog's life! Some life...some dog!

16 comments:

Harish said...

pehle, Muah! to sexy Kiara. so happy that she is fine now.

Volcanic eruptions... and molten lava... sab milega idharichhh! lol.

now over to (not at all Madhur)Bhandarkar's films. Now he is predictable, I know that there will be one scene on homosexuality(man sexploitation), one on child sex abuse, one sequence on sexual exploitation of woman and some reality bytes on politicos and incidences related.

I am cocksure, in fashion, he will have some wardrobe malfunction ka scenes, some overtly slutty fashion chokris, and some page 3 celebs smoking cigars and making some nasty comments.

Bhandarkars films are for a family audience. PUN INTENDED!

sanju ayyar said...

'ookdi chhe modak' is so simple to make compared to most other delicacies. wonder how come you havent indulged in that till now.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have/had a lovely darshan. I have never been too any BIGTIME sarvajanik ganeshotsav but I hear the energy is brilliant.

Did you get yourself a sweet treat?

Aham... I loved your formula for a Bhandarkar film! They have got rather formulaic haven't they? Bechara Robert Altman. Hehehehehe

Sanjuayyar... perhaps on your blog, could you give us your easy recipe for ukdi che modak. I have never tried making them but since you assure us they are easy, worth a try!

Another Kiran in NYC

Harish said...

@ Aur Ek Kiran!
haan re Bhandarkar is so environment friendly.

see in recognition of his efforts in recycling the government of India awards him national awards year after year.

The only thing that change in his movie is the profession.

ek-ladki-anjaani-si said...

LOL@ Aham's take on Bhandarkar movies! So well said.

So finally, I googled ukdi che modak. I had never heard of it till I found this recipe on Sify. Sounds like, Gujiya, only in a different form factor. Yummy, bring on the easy recipe Sunjuayyar!

De hope you had a fabulous time at Lalbaug, and finally satisfied your sweet tooth. As far as Kiara, wished I was in her paws... Truly what a life!

Parv Kaushik said...

interesting to see how ur minds flows from one thought to another... frm volcanoes to shark soup!!

Renu said...

very good take by Ahem on madhur bhandarkar, its really that way, but something makes them interesting to watch, I liked Page-3 and corporate.

How was the Darshan?

Do u also believe in no shopping in shraadha or any such thing?

Maddy said...

""Wish me luck, blogdosts!"

Dosti, All the best!!

Anonymous said...

Aiyoooo no shopping in Shraddha??????????

Meraaa kyaaa hogaaaa Kaalia?

Apun ka therapy band ho jayega!

Another Kiran in NYC

ek-ladki-anjaani-si said...

What thoughts about the link below people?
http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage/StoryPage.aspx?sectionName=&id=14c79572-fbcf-4fdb-aac1-1721432fa435&&Headline=Aarushi+case%3a+Krishna+applies+for+bail&strParent=strParentID

Anonymous said...

Whats the time ?
(I don't see too many flowers in this city of ours.)
:)

Anonymous said...

aww honey glad Kiara is better

sanju ayyar said...

@ another kiran in NYC
Whoa! the recipe for the same will appear on my blog shortly. atleast that way i can drive some decent traffic to my not-so-often visited blog. but on a more serious note, yes, the recipe will be up pretty soon.

@ madam de, wassup? no new post for a while. hope all's well.

Shobhaa De said...

It's been a hard De's nite.... and I've working like a dog!! Sorry guys. It's a stormy sunday in De's paradise. The mood matches! Enuf said. About to post.... kya pata kya man mein tha... or kya bahar aayega...?

Anonymous said...

It is a very good topic. It is intresting to watch. Bhandarkars films are for a family audience.
This is a lovely darshan.
===================================
nancy

http://www.hookup-tonite.com

kiran sawhney said...

As expected from you, very well written blog post which i thoroughly enjoyed reading. Would be coming back more often now to see your blog posts.
Do also see my blog
http://dreamfit.blogspot.com