Thursday, July 10, 2008

'Khaata rahey mera dil' is the suggested title for my blog by a regular visitor. In fact there is a suggestion that i should convert my blog into a recipe book!! Hmmmm. I could. But Sanjeev Kapoor is my friend. Should I do that to a friend?? More seriously speaking, do you guys really think I am such a glutton? Does it show? Am I that obvious?? Please say 'no'. But I do love food - writing about it, talking about it, dreaming about it.... and of course, eating it. I added ruby red pomegranate seeds to my salad this afternoon, along with shavings of parmesan, dried and toasted sunflower seeds, chopped up grilled chicken (last night's leftovers), and I was hugely pleased. A slice of Moshe's incomparable oatmeal and honey bread (toasted, of course), completed my meal (lunch is never before 4 pm). An hour from now, I shall be leaving for the airport, after a 'light' supper of pasta covered with moist kheema and thin slices of roasted aubergine. A desi version of the Greek moussaka. I shall also sprinkle a pinch of Andhra gunpowder over portions of it, and round it all off with a hand- rolled Rolex chocolate (as reliable as their watches).Ok guys. Go salivate!! I'll be back with Singapore flavours on monday. Try and survive without me till then.

13 comments:

Scribblers Inc said...

I really dont know how to react...I have been through celeb blogs, but this is downright incredible!!OMG...I really cant believe I am leaving a comment on SHOBHAA DE's blog!!!
wooooo.....
*faints*

Scribblers Inc.

Sameera Ansari said...

Wow!This is such a lovely surprise to find you here on blogger!

I can't believe it.

I have always admired your style Ma'm.

Have a great trip :)

P.S Please do drop by my blog sometime.

Harish said...

khavaanu piyaanu mauj karaanu...

an anthem for gujjus and de!
im not so much of a foodie and am also a ghasphus veggie...

but my mouth waters every time i read your passionate description of delicasies...

sachhi de, i should ask you, itna khaane ke baad, you still look so slim trim and fit...

bebo! sun lo...

(shabana azmi ka public service message ke tone mein)

khane se weight nahi badtha, is tarah sirf pyaar badtha hai, Hai na!

:-)

happy landing De.

Saim said...

look where I've landed 2day...who would have thot dat mah endless blog hunting sprees would lead me here someday...but that i guess is the beauty of wanderings on unexplored territories.
neways...to the post...am salivating real bad...
btw...Sanjeev wont mind, i'm sure

sanju ayyar said...

Whoa!

First things first.

One, you are awesome and extremely candid. Please be that way.

Two, I am also a foodie, but you are in a different zone altogether, almost like my guru when it comes to enjoying food, so please make me your Worshipper No.1 (Hope David Dhawan does not read your blogs).

Three, I dont think you're a glutton. You're not. You're a true connoiseur and that shows. Amply.

Enjoy Singapore to the fullest.

And until Monday, I dont mind being on an upvaas!

Divita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mister Crowley said...

It's fun being a glutton! I'm a glutton. Quite proud of it too :D (Ok, a selective glutton, mayhap). I mean, what's the point of NOT hogging? Somebody put in a lot of effort cooking it up...why not do the grub a little justice, yes?

VIDYA said...

:) whoa! tht was indeed a 'light' supper :d

If this is the real Shoba de (am adding this coz there seem to be fake ppl evrywr), then you have a new fan! :) :)

Anonymous said...

M'am De',

Please visit this link.
http://www.wsu.edu/~delahoyd/food/essay.dd2.html
This is my research on Khaata rahey mera dil.

I am sure we are way behind you in your knowledge and reach of subjects, but a timely recall adds to the flavour of the season.

Japanese people are famous about their love of food and there's a movie about it. I cant recall the title I will scrap you once I do.

Vinod Agarwal - Cooking (VEG) next in my wish list of Life long learning.

Anonymous said...

M'am De',
about their love of food
Japanese Movie TAMPOPO (1985) worth watching.

Vinod Agarwal

sanju ayyar said...

food for thought:

food, besides cricket, cinema and politics is india's favourite subject i guess.

am thrilled to see so many interesting views and vichaars coming forward, and each one is a unique one.

also reminds me of the crap George Bush spoke about us, that there is global scarcity of food because we Indians consume more.

He better hide himself in his surname.

Anonymous said...

hey I am glad to see you on the blog world and trust me i love your writings. i have read your epical spouse and second thoughts book....

i would blogroll ya :)

Arjun said...

you do some exquisite writing ... especially when it come to tantalizing the taste buds...
gawd!!
I'm going to go home and do some special cooking to satiate this appetite - my wife obviously ain't!!